Truth Is Stranger Than Fiction
Sometimes in the push for reality to conform to our opinions our feet take us for a stumble or two. This purpose-full activity is no accident or ‘awkward’ moment in time and space. Looking out upon the universe we tend to lay claim to what we imagine but sometimes, in the search for truth, liberty and the American way, reality leaks out and makes it’s way out into the known. That is a fallacy of course but the thread binds.
In the development of the foundation of a round table of discussion the rules of the road must be laid clear in order to create a common viewpoint from which all future action may take place - in this case, discussion.
Discussion of itself is nothing but the interaction of thought processes, of intention, reception and understanding. Now whatever the form or stature of said discussion the requirement is and always will be judged upon the rocks of acceptability in accordance with the previously mentioned common viewpoint. From here to there the construct moves us forward - at least that is the understanding.
In order to move forward with the round table of discussion the foundation, being such an important part upon which to build the future, requires keen contemplation upon possibilities - future possibilities of the how and why of written communication amongst the members.
This is being mentioned in regard to this website: http://projectavalon.net/forum4/register.php
Lots of interesting discussion for the interested.
There is something ‘interesting’ going on with the foundation and though this can be found in numerous other instances of round tables out in the wild, wild west called the Internet, it’s appearance here is noteworthy.
All posts become property of Project Camelot/Avalon.
Did you get that? Whatever it is that each member of the round table communicates about becomes the property of someone else - in this case Project Camelot/Avalon. The author of a communication can no longer lay claim to being it’s owner. That leaves the author holding the bag while the ‘owner’ keeps the goods.
Sure, the author can continue to claim authorship but so what - Project Camelot/Avalon owns it! As a slave is the property of it’s owner so too is one’s communication at the round table of discussion at Project Camelot/Avalon.
Who in their right mind would acquiesce to giving away their own communication just because someone else wishes to lay claim to such? Are the promises of reward due recompense?
But it does not end there. There is a bit of contradictory evidence of either poor consideration to the foundation or intentional misdirection.
All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Project Avalon Community Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
This is the way to have your cake and eat it too - stake claim to the communication and yet leave all consequence to the author.
The slave toils for the Master and is completely responsible for his toils - yet owns nothing! The Master takes all but consequence.
This planet is rife with lost souls running around in circles claiming ownership of everything imaginable and yet stupidity requires of them the conviction that in order to obtain happiness one must ‘acquire’ it.
Discussion will always lead to opinionated in-breeding where the clutter of the mind comes to the fore to do what we most wish for - stake our claim to the universe, where all bow before the greatness called ‘me’.
This is written a bit harshly in order to narrow the focus of attention along specific lines - not upon particular individuals or their organizational structures.
Please also note the slight difference between Project Camelot/Avalon’s claim of ownership and Project Avalon Community Forum’s indemnity.
Though there are no secrets, empowering a website which openly lays claim to your communication is something which may be worthy of considered attention.
11 Jan 2011
It can be said that in order to ‘change’ the system we must work within it. It is still called inbreeding no matter the make-up applied to the face. When one binds one’s self to a system then obviously one becomes a slave to such. Where the ‘system’, whatever form or method it takes, becomes of prime importance then it is to that degree that one empowers it. How can it ever be possible to escape that which one clings to?
One cannot have a foot on both sides of the fence or else what exactly is it that such a one would be proclaiming? Is it really ok to split one’s self into two in order to appease?
One should hope not!
There is a saying: “When all else fails there is always hope…”
11 Jan 2011
’Charles’ And The Inter-dimensional High School Marching Band
Marching to the beat of the distant drums we all sing our tunes. Keeping in step each instrument plays it’s part and the resulting movement can only be heard by taking a step back from those involved.
My, what a pretty tune for bait.
Now that is really funny!
11 Jan 2011
For Clarity’s Sake
[attachedNotes@ 10 Jan 2011 : http://projectavalon.net/forum4/register.php
In order to proceed, you must agree with the following rules:
Section A - General
Membership is subject to pre-registration and no one can post without first registering. By registering, the member’s IP address is viewable by the moderators. This way, we prevent the forum from being exploited for commercial or other purposes not related to our guidelines and can take steps to ensure our members’ privacy if exploited.
Access to the Project Avalon Forum is currently free, however this does not mean this is a public forum. Project Avalon is a private forum with public access. As such all material contained within the site including posts by members are the sole property of Project Avalon & Project Camelot. Membership is a privilege not a right and the administration reserves the right to deny or remove access to whom it sees fit in order to preserve the security and integrity of the community.
- Disagreeing with various points or topics is natural, however we do require that our members be treated with respect. If a member’s conduct is seen to hurt the community spirit of the group and persist even after warnings to desist, they will be unsubscribed. Generally individual posts will be moderated first, and thus not appear on the forum, before the member is unsubscribed.
All members are expected to contribute to the positive energy and attitude of the forum. While healthy debate is a traditional and integral part of all critical inquiry, members are expected to be open-minded, committed to learning, and responsive to well-intentioned feedback.
Anyone who does not appear to be in alignment with the purpose and energy of the forum may be asked to leave.
Everyone joined this forum to discuss our material, not to hear others showcase theirs. Members who insist on promoting / showcasing themselves, their own websites, philosophies, products, services or other unrelated teachings will be unsubscribed.
Links in your signature that point to any website which offers products or services for purchasing are not permitted, If you want to promote a product or service that relates to the mission of Project Avalon feel free to post in Networking Products and Services
- Always feel free to contact the moderators with questions and concerns.
Section B - Posting
1. SUBVERSIVE TOPICS
Posts that promote or showcase illegal drugs and other substances, pornography including nude art, foul language, racial / sexual / national intolerance, hate speech, politically subversive acts or planning, will not be tolerated. See "Trolling" in the Infractions/Suspensions section below.
Threads relating to suicide are prohibited due to legal liability. If you are feeling suicidal - please immediately call your local suicide hot-line or some TRAINED PROFESSIONAL for help.
2. PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS
Personal conversations should be conducted privately. Although the majority of our members are “lurkers” who do not regularly post, do remember that your posts are going out to hundreds of people who may not find private jokes or topics beneficial. Try to keep posts on topic at all times.
Private messages are not be posted in public without the authors permission. If you have a problem with private messages you may "Report" them using the link at the bottom of the message. A copy of the message is then sent to the moderators for action.
3. POSTING ‘DEAD’ TEXT
“Dead text” wastes bandwidth as well as disk space and reading time. When replying to a post, please quote only the previous text that is essential to the reply. This does slightly slow down the speed with which you may respond to a post, but is in consideration of the other members.
Every time you respond to a post, your dead-text cleanup job should include all the advertising material at the end of the post which sometimes accumulates. The moderation team may edit or reject posts that violate this guideline. It only takes a few extra seconds but it makes a world of difference in the quality of our presentation.
4. SUBJECT TO EDITING/DELETION
Individual posts may be subject to modifications by the moderation team. In our effort to uphold these guidelines and preserve the community spirit of the forum, posts may be editied moved or deleted with or without explanation.
All posts become property of Project Camelot/Avalon.
5. WORD CENSOR
- The forum uses a mindless word censor. Its the way the forum owners and administrators have decided to run the forum. It aims to eliminate rude words such as ** and **. Please do not use methods to subvert the word censor that allow excessive profanity or vulgarity to bleed through on to the forums.
6. POSTING EXTERNAL MATERIAL
When sharing outside material with the forum, please do it in the form of links with summary paragraphs. Posting long passages (i.e. more than a few short paragraphs) of outside text, regardless of relevance, is prohibited.
The summary of the content of the link should be a paragraph of your own words and / or with a single-paragraph excerpt from the text itself.
“Naked” links, i.e. links without summary text, should be avoided, as most members do not have the time to blindly research such links.
7. POSTING LINKS TO DOWNLOAD COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL
- Posting live links [rapidshare, torrents etc.] to download ‘copyrighted’ material in the forum is prohibited. Any such post’s will be removed/edited. Persistent posting of such links may result in the member concerned losing posting rights.
8. POST DELETION / MODIFICATION
- We consider posts to this forum too important for members to come back at a later date and remove them without good reason. Therefore this forum considers posts made to it become the property of the forum. Members who remove posts or by editing obscure or otherwise grossly change posts may have them restored again by the Moderators if it is considered it would affect the readability and flow of the threads they appear in.
9. OVER USE OF TEXT FORMATTING
- Excessive use of over the top attention grabbing formats such as ALL CAPS, large text, alarmist and panicky URGENT headlines are not permitted and may be edited by moderators
Section C - Personal Behavior
1. TARGETING INDIVIDUALS
Posts should not be directed to any specific individuals such as Bill Ryan, Kerry Cassidy or any specific witness unless a discussion has already opened. We advise you to direct your comments, questions and concerns to the group, so anyone may answer you. This promotes community discussion rather than individual confrontation.
This also includes the family of Avalon members. If you have an issue with a member, please look for the REPORT button found below a members avatar next to their post.
Avatars that are offensive or in violation of the guidelines will be removed by the moderators.
Personal attacks on threads, where singling out a member(s) for purposes of negative or derogatory remarks is not permitted and will get your post/thread deleted and an infraction given to you which may deny you access to the forum.
Section D - Infractions/Suspensions
In most cases a member who breaks the guidelines will not lose their membership but receive Infractions. Infractions can be given to any member who steps outside the guidelines put forth here. Points are issued with infractions and can amount to you being denied access from anywhere to 1-7 days or permanent depending on the severity of the infraction. Points may also be issued without losing access but they are cumulative, example: 2 points issued wont restrict your access but a second 2 point infraction will prevent you from posting for 7 days. The following topics are reasons for giving infractions.
- Making threats is not permitted on this forum. Any threats made on this forum toward moderators or other forum members can earn the perpetrator an instant and permanent ban. The posts in which the threats are made and most likely any quoted reference to the threat may be removed by the moderators without explanation. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not mean just physical threats, but also threats of a spiritual/metaphysical nature. Don’t even do it as a joke, the joke will be on you if you get denied access.
- An internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion. Members who engage in trolling risk losing their membership and posting rights. SEE: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll
- Any member who creates multiple accounts will be unsubscribed.
4. SPAMMING / ADVERTISING
Spamming is strictly forbidden, and members who abuse the trust of the forum by spamming will be immediately banned, and their Internet Service Provider contacted regarding the nature of the abuse.
Using email addresses acquired on the forum to spam members privately is also forbidden.
Any discussion of a product or service for sale, or of a website designed to sell products or services, is forbidden, even if you do not directly profit from such a discussion.
Links in your signature should not point to any website which offers products or services for purchasing.
- Any member found to be impersonating a Project Camelot witness or member of the Project Avalon admin/moderator team will be unsubscribed immediately.
- If a member’s conduct is seen to hurt the community spirit of the group, they will be unsubscribed. Generally individual posts will be moderated first, and thus not appear on the forum for very long before the member is unsubscribed
7. NEGATIVITY [changed title from Positivity]
- Anyone who does not appear to be in alignment with the purpose and/or positive energy of the forum may be asked to leave.
8. UNRELATED PROMOTION
- Members who promote / showcase themselves, their own websites, philosophies, products, services or other unrelated teachings will be unsubscribed.
9. Violation of the Registration Agreement
- "By registering at this site you are deemed to be agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise make any posts that are in violation of any laws."
Although the administrators and moderators of Project Avalon Community Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of Project Avalon Community Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Project Avalon Community Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
I have read, and agree to abide by the Project Avalon Community Forum rules. /attachedNotes]